New computer source code.. true?

New computer source code.. true?

Re: New computer source code.. true?

Berichtdoor Johan1951 » wo 20 okt 2010, 18:32

Chroot wrote:
IE does not already support png? What do you mean by "full support?"

I think he means support for the transparency channel. I don't know about Exploder 6 (never tuched the stuff) but on lower versions the transparency was not handlet at all...

As for the compression for the original thread, I don't believe it's true. yes you can put a lot of info in 8k of memory (there is somewhere on the internet a contest to do animation in assembler and in only 4k of RAM and there is some impressing stuff there) but a movie, really? let's say you discovered some extremely new way to eliminate the redundancy in the movie, but you still have to store the different backgrounds, actor's faces, all the big differences that are innerent in a normal movie.
Johan1951

Berichtdoor Johan1951 » wo 20 okt 2010, 18:33

you mean this stuff?
produkkt
Johan1951

Berichtdoor Johan1951 » wo 20 okt 2010, 18:34

hmm this is very neat stuff... i understand that all of you say there would be loss of quality in any picture/movie application. but what about data transfer between a server and client in an online game set up?

as bandwidth for online games costs money, would it be feasible (including security issues) to reduce bandwidth use by just sending the 'keys' to the client computer, which holds the library files? instead of the functions and all the rest. i ask about security as well, because whenever one contemplates putting more information in the game client, you're putting more tools in the hands of the enemy :) and that opens you up to some pretty nasty hacking.
Johan1951

Berichtdoor Johan1951 » wo 20 okt 2010, 18:35

Monique wrote:
Supposedly the inventor was able to play 16 movies from a 64 kb chip at high speed without reading from the harddrive, supposed he was able to store 64 full size movies on a single chip.

Having actually done some work in this field....

A claim like this is right up there with over unity devices or proof that Einstein was wrong. :roll:
Johan1951

Vorige

Keer terug naar Physics Forums (1004)