General Questions (Forum Closed)

DNA is a different way to store data on a very efficient way like the
SDCS principle from Jan Sloot. Like SDCS it uses Key-codes (DNA-
codes) which are <= 256 bytes by using a Reference Table.

For an online Video Demonstration of DNA, click
In this Forum you can ask questions and follow the developments.
Règles du forum
───────────
Use the common rules of internet (netiquette). Discussions about the existence of the DNA-algorithm or about the faking of the Video Demo has no added value to the further development of DNA. Subscribed messages that do not comply with these rules are removed without reason by the moderators. Details about this project are only released by the author and not by the Forum Manager. Starting new topics is allowed when the subject does not exist. This Forum is sharing with anti Spam facilities in the world by using API.

General Questions (Forum Closed)

Messagepar SDSC » Jeu 15 Sep 2011, 07:58

Nederlands Nederlands: SHOW

Algemeen
Zoals in de inleiding al aangegeven is er in de jaren '90 interesse ontstaan voor alternatieve opslag technieken waardoor data op een effectievere manier opgeslagen kan worden. Gedreven door interesse is door de jaren heen het DNA project ontstaan waarbij de ontwikkeling nog steeds in de kinderschoenen staat en nu al vele mogelijkheden kent. Voor meer details over de werking van DNA verwijs ik naar Informatie over het DNA Algoritme binnen dit Forum.

Het Forum
Na contact met de Webmaster werd een gestripte versie van DNA aangeleverd om de werking van DNA te bewijzen. Omdat na analyse DNA veel raakvlakken heeft met het SDCS van Dhr. Sloot werd me voorgesteld om DNA een onderdeel van de site te laten worden. Hiervoor werd een liverecorded Videodemo met inleiding aangeleverd die vervolgens voor me werd aangekleed en geïntergreerd binnen de Website en het Forum. Het doel is om een interactie te creëren met geïnteresseerden wat eventueel kan leiden tot een verdere ontwikkeling van DNA en misschien tot de oplossing rondom het raadsel van Dhr. Jan Sloot.

Tot slot
Het DNA-project is een hobby die uitgevoerd wordt in kostbare vrije tijd wat leeft naast mijn gezinsleven dat de hoogste prioriteit geniet. Duidelijk is ook dat het een zeer omstreden onderwerp is met veel non-believers met wiskundige onderbouwing, waarvoor begrip. Deelname aan een discussie met deze doelgroep voegt niets toe aan de verdere ontwikkeling van DNA. Voor overige vragen ben ik uiteraard bereid deze tot een bepaald niveau te beantwoorden.

Met vriendelijke groet,

SDSC.

Bookmark and Share

General
As already qouted in the introduction, since the 90s my interest goes out to alternative storage techniques with the possibility to store data on a more effectively way. Over the years and driven by this interest, the DNA project is created which is still in development stage. This project got already a wide range of possibilities. For more detailed information about the operation and functioning of DNA I refer to Information about the DNA Algoritme within this forum.

Forum
After contacting the adminstrator, a stripped version was delivered to prove the functioning/operation of DNA. After external research, they proposed to let DNA a part of the website because of the similarities with the SDCS principle of Jan Sloot. A liverecorded Video Demo with introduction was delivered by me, which is integrated/decorated within the Website and Forum by the administrator. The goal is to create an interaction with interested parties what could possibly lead to a further development of DNA and perhaps to the solution around the mystery of Jan Sloot.

Finally
DNA is a hobby project, done in precious spare time what lives beside my family that enjoys the highest priority. It is also clear that this is a very controversial topic with many non-believers and their mathematical foundations. There is a lot of understanding for these experts but a discussion with this group adds nothing to the further development of DNA. For other questions, I am of course prepared to answer these to a certain level.

With kind regards,

SDSC.

Bookmark and Share
The best way to slow down your compateters is to give them your source code!
SDSC

Message(s) : 24

Re: General Questions (Guest threads Allowed)

Messagepar Cosmos » Ven 04 Nov 2011, 13:04

Original Message

Ja, ik ben sceptisch.
Nee, ik geloof het niet.

Maar... Niemand geloofde ook in de evolutietheorie, of dat de aarde rond was of noem maar op.

Hoe kom je aan de kennis voor die algoritme? Ben nieuwsgierig en zou er graag wat meer over lezen.

Yes, I am skeptical.
No, I don't believe it.

But ... Nobody also believed in the theory of evolution, or that the earth was round or whatever.

How do you get to the knowledge for that algorithm? I am curious and would like to read some more about.
Cosmos

Messagepar Cosmos » Ven 04 Nov 2011, 17:26

Original Message

Ben ik weer met een toevoeging.

Bestanden worden teruggebracht tot minder dan 256 bytes. Dat betekent dat je een totaal van 3,231700607131100730071487668867e+616 mogelijkheden hebt. Dat zijn er heel erg veel. Echter, een 24 bits foto van 640x480 pixels heeft al (2^24)^(640x480) mogelijke uitkomsten. Dat zijn er, zonder dat ik het uit ga rekenen, meer dan er hierboven staan. Dat vanwege de lengte aan bits.

It's me again with an addition.

Files are reduced to less than 256 bytes. That means you have a total of 3,231700607131100730071487668867e+616 possibilities. That is quite a lot. However, a 24 bit image of 640x480 pixels has already (2^24)^(640x480) possible outcomes. That is, whithout counting, more than there are above. That because of the length of bits.

I know that the algorithm operates differently from what we know as bits and bytes. My question is for example: how did you overcome this problem? How does the algorithm make the difference and knows what data must be captured.
Cosmos

Messagepar SDSC » Ven 04 Nov 2011, 23:07

Original Message

Hallo Cosmos,

Een gezonde dosis scepsis is alleen maar goed en gezien het onderwerp ook zeker op zijn plaats.

Eerst wil ik even een misverstand uit de weg helpen, DNA is niet het SDCS van Jan Sloot
maar een geheel eigen algoritme dat wel veel raakvlakken kent met het SDCS.

DNA werkt gewoon met bits en bytes zoals wij die kennen en is nog steeds een hobby project
zonder commerciële achtergrond.

Hoe ik aan de kennis kom?
Ik mag mij gelukkig prijzen de ontwikkeling van de PC vanaf het begin mee te hebben
gemaakt en er tot op heden nog steeds als professioneel (hard)software developer actief
mee bezig te zijn.

Het geloven in!
Tja, gezien mijn achtergrond zou je zeggen dat ik beter moest weten maar desondanks ben ik er
toch van overtuigd dat er een mogelijkheid is om data effectiever op te slaan dan dat wij dat
tot op heden doen.
Hieruit is DNA ontstaan om op zoek te gaan naar die mogelijkheid.

Het idee achter DNA is vrij simpel, sla elk primair gegeven maar 1 maal op!

Huidige (compressie!) technieken zijn gebaseerd op individuele bestanden, DNA daarintegen
kijkt niet alleen naar een individueel bestand maar ook naar de bestanden onderling.
Een bestand is niet meer en minder dan een verzameling van getallen ongeacht zijn extensie
en het is mogelijk hiervoor unieke blokken te creëren die voor alle bestanden hetzelfde zijn
en vervangen kunnen worden door een kleinere index.
Hierdoor wordt het ook mogelijk recursie toe te passen en daardoor kan een uiteindelijke bestand
(sleutelcode) van <= 256 bytes gehaald worden.
DNA versie 2.4 moest aantonen dat het algoritme werkte en het idee een bestaansrecht had.
Door de diverse testen met deze versie zijn weer nieuwe ideeën ontstaan welke op dit moment
in versie 3 geimplementeerd en uitgebreid getest worden.

Hello Cosmos,

Regarding the topic, a healthy dose of skepticism is good and also certain at its place.

First of all I would like to prevent a misunderstanding, DNA is not the SDCS of Jan Sloot
but an own algorithm that knows many similarities with SDCS.

DNA works as usual with bits and bytes and is still a hobby project without commercial background.

How do I get to the knowledge?
Fortunately, I was growing up with Computers from at the beginning and until today i am busy
as an active professional (hard)software developer

Believing in!
Well, given my background you would say that I should know better but nevertheless, I am convinced
that there is a possibility to store data more effectively than that we do so far.
From this DNA is born, to search for that possibility.

The idea behind DNA is very simple, store each primary data only one time!

Current (compression!) techniques are based on individual files. However DNA looks
not only to an individual file, but also to the files among themselves.
Any file is only a collection of numbers regardless its extension. It is possible to create unique
blocks that are the same for these files, which can be replaced by a smaller index.
This makes it possible to apply recursion. Using this recursion, a final file (keycode) can be
calculated of <= 256 bytes. DNA version 2.4 was to demonstrate and top prove the
algorithm, and the idea had a right to exist.
By the various tests with this version, new ideas arise which is currently implemented and
extensively tested in Version 3.
SDSC

Messagepar Cosmos » Sam 05 Nov 2011, 13:44

Original Message

Nou, zelf ben ik ook software engineer, dus vandaar dat ik ook eerst erg sceptisch reageer als ik dit lees.

Ok, dus als ik het goed begrijp is het mogelijk dat er op verschillende PCs identieke sleutelcode bestanden kunnen staan die toch andere bestanden genereren bij het uitpakken, puur omdat de opgeslagen overige data anders is. Het onderling uitwisselen van sleutelcode bestanden zal dus ook niet werken, je moet officiële bestanden uitwisselen en op de PC zelf opnieuw encoden. Tenminste, dat lijkt me logisch als ik je verhaaltje lees.

Erg jammer, zou er dolgraag meer over willen weten. Als je meer kwijt zou willen over hoe het algoritme werkt dan ben ik zeer geïnteresseerd :)

Well, I am also a software engineer too, so that's why I respond very skeptical when I read this.

Ok, so if I understand correctly, it is possible that identical key codes stored on different Computers can generate other files during extracting, purely because the other stored data is different. So, the exchange of keycode files will not work, you need to exchange the official files and re-encode these on the Computer. At least, that seems logical to me when I read your story.

Very pity, I would love to know more about it. If you would like to tell more about how the algorithm works then I'm very interested :)
Cosmos

Messagepar Ricardo Br » Ven 25 Nov 2011, 17:25

Hi SDSC

You did a good job here. Four years ago i made an equal programm which reduces any file into chunks of 1kb using reference table. I'd to stop publishing 'cause for the safety of my family. There are more ways to shrink data but i can't tell about it. The industry is not waiting for these inventions 'cause they threatened me.

Think about the word loopable

So, take care

Ricardo, Brazil (fakename)
Ricardo Br

Messagepar Andy » Sam 26 Nov 2011, 17:49

Ricardo Br a écrit:Hi SDSC

You did a good job here. Four years ago i made an equal programm which reduces any file into chunks of 1kb using reference table. I'd to stop publishing 'cause for the safety of my family. There are more ways to shrink data but i can't tell about it. The industry is not waiting for these inventions 'cause they threatened me.

Think about the word loopable

So, take care

Ricardo, Brazil (fakename)

You are referring to Minc algorithm which achieves 25% compression in each cycle similar to endless compression ?

Andy from Heathfield (E.Sussex)
Andy

Messagepar Jörg » Sam 26 Nov 2011, 21:25

Deutsch Deutsch: SHOW
Original Message

Eine gute sache um dieses forum und webseite zu gestalten und alles zu ordnen.
Ich habe das buch "Der Supercode" von Eric Smit gelesen und glaube an die existenz solcher.
Auch super eine möglichkeit zu sehen um daten auf eine andere art zu speichern und bin
sehr interessiert in die weitere Entwicklung von DNA.
Seit 1982 bin ich als Programmierer und hardware experte tätig und sehe auch möglichkeiten
trotz mathematischen einschränkungen.

Gruß Jörg

Schade dass die übersetzung von Microsoft nicht immer funktioniert :(

A good thing to setup this organized forum and website.
I have read the book "Der Supercode" by Eric Smit and believe in the existence of that.
Also great to see a possibility for storing data in a different way and I am very interested
in the further development of DNA.
Since 1982, I'm active as Professional Programmer & Hardware Expert and also see opportunities
in spite of mathematical limitations.

Regards, Jörg

It's a pity that the translation of Microsoft is not always working :(
Jörg

Messagepar SDSC » Dim 27 Nov 2011, 17:25

Hello guys,

@Ricardo,
First of all thanks for the compliment on my job. I am well aware of the siteffects arround
this subject and thats why i also use a nickname but what I can't figure out is the WHY?
Why is the industry so afraid for these kind of inventions? Inventions like these are
not the replacment of, but an addition to current technologies and put together we can
all benefit from it.

Take care and keep visiting this forum, hope to hear from you again and it's all loopable ;)

@Andy,
I think whe are all looking into the same corner here, but each with it's own implementation.

@Jörg,
I agree, this is a very good site with information bundeld in one place and i am happy that they
offerd me the opportunity to create a forum around DNA. This forum is online for 2 months now but
it still has to grow and get known. Please keep visiting to follow the results on DNA but it's a
hobby project so progress will sometimes not go as fast as you would like to :(

Greatings, Gruß SDSC
SDSC

Messagepar Dietrich » Mar 29 Nov 2011, 13:24

Andy a écrit:You are referring to Minc algorithm which achieves 25% compression in each cycle similar to endless compression ?

Andy from Heathfield (E.Sussex)

The Minc algorithm could NOT be endless
O.K., they claim that they get a factor of ten compression for every eight
cycles. That means that a totally uncompressed 640x480x16bit color image
that requires 4,915,200 bits of memory (600KB) can be compressed down to
under 5 bits after fewer than 50 iterations. So if should be able to give
them a floppy diskette each with a single image on it and have them
compress it and return it to me with the original file and a compressed
file that is no more than 5 bits in length
http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=92230&tstart=0

Good video demo, hope to see more info

Dietrich, Nordrhein-Westfalen