A man claims to store multiple movies on 64kb

A man claims to store multiple movies on 64kb

Re: A man claims to store multiple movies on 64kb

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:24

Dunno what you all complain about.. :?

Ive tested this compression method, and it works excellent !!!

Just watch this screenshot from a Matrix Reloaded -> 3x floppy-disk encode... :mrgreen:

Bye
Johan1951

Message(s) : 3752

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:25

Callmeace wrote:
In other words, the point none of you seem to understand - you don't have to store the contents of the input file in my way, I'm not using normal methods there is not any 'magic' compression. I have said this before. When you have your end character string the original file can be built back up in stages through the formula - each result being processed in the next step.

Yes, but in my example you havent reached any compression at all. You have actually inflated the file by a factor of 3... so what would the next step do?
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:26

Ah! this is where we have to forget about digital. in a previous post I said that we think in pattens and mentioned other types of computers hoping for a response. Ok well I will propose another massive storage device. You have to start moving into electronics and analog.
Suppose that 64K is made not with gates as in digital computers, holding a two state code, but capacitors that can be individualy programed to a set voltage(Patten) assume each bit(capacitor) can hold 10 volts(Back to digital notation) and we use a mathmatical notation to base 10 then the limitation of the code is the number of places of decimal the voltage can be written and read to. In theory if the actual size of the storage device is not critical then I cannot see a problem other than speed of info transfer.
There are other options but the theory's starts to get bit thick.

Digital storage is finite not that you cannot create more storage area just exactly how much you can put in a given space.

1. Would involve being able to iradiate and un-iradiate (if thats the term)a passive substance and measure the level. I do not know much about nuclear theory but believe it possible.

2. Using a photo electric cell and store a light value converted to a voltage. IE: An optical computer.

Impossible has never been a term I can be comfortable with, especially, as in my 62 years, having seen the impossible occur many times.
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:27

MrTVideo : "Suppose that 64K is made not with gates" ---> then, you're not speaking of 64Kbits anymore :)
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:28

"Gates"? You mean Bill? :mrgreen:
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:29

Of course not, we are now in the realm of analog computing and remember a figure of 64k was originaly stated. A Rat has more memory cells than a cray computer maybe he used a rat. (Only Joking) I am just throwing alternative theory's around. I read a fiction story which had a truth about it. A group of scientists were told another govenment had solved the anti_gravity problem. Because the story was supported by that countries leader they believed it was true The outcome a device crude but working was made. Now that was fiction. When I was a boy I submited a essay to my science teacher on what was the most significant event I would witness. I wrote an account of how a man would make the journey, land on and return from the moon. That was in 1958 I gave a date of 20 years later. I was penalised to write 500 times a mans body could not stand the escape velocity of what? I think 22,000 miles/hr. Just goes to show what is thought impossible today is reality tomorrow. All of you can attest to that, we now have a global world not a flat one. Sorry about going on so much. I will not even attempt to tell you where I think Einstien went wrong only to quote that fantastic sentance "I think therefore I am"
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:30

MrTVideo wrote:
I was penalised to write 500 times a mans body could not stand the escape velocity of what? I think 22,000 miles/hr. Just goes to show what is thought impossible today is reality tomorrow.

Escape velocity has nothing to do with sending men to the moon. We use rockets, not cannons.
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:31

I agree but remember back then they only had v1's and Verna Von Braun
to go on, It was the speed that scientists of the day could'ent get a handle on and remember it was much later that the "G" suits were perfected to stop a persons blood from being pushed to one side of their body. Canon or rocket a person still has to reach that speed (before the fuel/Kinetic energy runs out) in order to escape the earths gravity ergo "escape velocity". There was a lot of work done on rocket sleds and yes some were like cannons. but this is getting off track.
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:32

Doobie wrote:
Escape velocity has nothing to do with sending men to the moon. We use rockets, not cannons.

We use rockets because we cannot use cannons. If we did, men on board would end up like an omelette. :)

AFAIK, we use rockets to achieve escape velocity gradually. In fact, we take advantage of the fact that escape velocity decreases significantly with distance to the Earth center of gravity.

If at any point during flight the rocket stops propelling, and speed is lower than escape velocity at that point, it falls down. You know what they say: the higher they fly, the harder they fall. ;)

Maybe that's one possible way of compressing a movie into 64-KB. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Johan1951

Messagepar Johan1951 » Ven 15 Oct 2010, 06:34

Whats that got to do with compression :mrgreen: I am still waiting to hear from some out there who have a real wide personal paradyne. I scored a response but not in the right direction
Johan1951

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Doom9's Forum (0105)