General Questions (Forum Closed)

DNA is a different way to store data on a very efficient way like the
SDCS principle from Jan Sloot. Like SDCS it uses Key-codes (DNA-
codes) which are <= 256 bytes by using a Reference Table.

For an online Video Demonstration of DNA, click
In this Forum you can ask questions and follow the developments.
Forum rules
───────────
Use the common rules of internet (netiquette). Discussions about the existence of the DNA-algorithm or about the faking of the Video Demo has no added value to the further development of DNA. Subscribed messages that do not comply with these rules are removed without reason by the moderators. Details about this project are only released by the author and not by the Forum Manager. Starting new topics is allowed when the subject does not exist. This Forum is sharing with anti Spam facilities in the world by using API.

Re: General Questions (Guest threads Allowed)

Postby Jan » Sun 18 Dec 2011, 08:59

Nederlands Nederlands: SHOW
Original Message

Hallo SDSC,

Je hebt een interessant onderwerp aangeslingerd op dit forum. Dit wordt bevestigd door het feit dat je een eigen "hoekje" hebt gekregen van de beheerder omtrent DNA, de door jouw ontwikkelde applicatie. Ik ben gisteren voor het eerst op dit forum terechtgekomen. Daarvoor ben ik al jaren geboeid door het mysterie wat Jan Sloot heeft achtergelaten. Het forum wat destijds op http://www.debroncode.nl stond (en nu hier gearchiveerd) heb ik destijds met veel belangstelling gevolgd. Ook alle informatie die er rondom Jan Sloot verschenen is heb ik gelezen, bekeken of gehoord. Uiteraard heb ik het boek van Eric Smit ook (meerdere malen) gelezen.

Wat mij opvalt over de "sneak preview" van jouw applicatie; als je werkelijk elk bestand op deze manier kan coderen/decoderen heb je volgens mij het geheim van Jan Sloot opgelost (ook al is jouw oplossing niet geheel identiek aan de vinding van Jan Sloot). Wat een feit is dat jouw vinding hetzelfde doet en daar gaat het natuurlijk om. Je bent zelfs geen kastje nodig zoals Jan Sloot wel had, als ik het goed heb is dit uitsluitend op basis van software.

Als mijn conclusies terecht zijn begrijp ik niet helemaal waarom je hier een forum opent omtrent dit item. Zijn er nog beperkingen en/of zaken die nog niet optimaal werken o.i.d. bij DNA? Ik ben erg benieuwd wat jou drijft achter dit forum.

Groeten Jan

Hello SDSC,

You've raised an interesting topic on this forum. This is confirmed by the fact that you received from the administator your own "corner" for DNA, the application developed by you. Yesterday, I arrived on this forum for the first time. Before that, I was several years fascinated by the mystery that Jan Sloot has left behind. The forum at that time was http://www.debroncode.nl (and is now archived here). I followed that forum with great interest. Also all information that appeared around Jan Sloot have been read, seen or heard. Of course, the book by Eric Smit also have been read (several times).

What strikes me about the "sneak preview" of your application; If you really can encode/decode any file on this way, you have according to me solved the secret of Jan Sloot (even if your solution is not completely identical to the invention of Jan Sloot). Your invention is doing the same, and that is of course what it is all about. You do not even need a box like Jan Sloot did and If i'm right, this is pure based on software.

If my conclusions are right, I don't quite understand why you open here a forum about this item. Are there any restrictions and/or issues that do not work optimal or something like that yet?

Regards, Jan
Jan

Postby Christian54 » Sun 18 Dec 2011, 13:58

Deutsch Deutsch: SHOW
Original Message

Muis wrote:The whitepaper will be useless without proof for your claims.

Ihre Aussagen über Beweise werden in unsere Foren nicht angesprochen.
(http://encode.ru/forum.php usw). Entwickler entscheiden, welche Informationen sie
offenlegen. Die Entwickler bestimmen letztlich und das gleiche gilt für das Schreiben
von Weißbücher. Ein Weißbuch ist ein Dokument das spezifische Themen behandelt und dabei
sind wir die Zuschauer. Es gibt keine Vorschriften, sondern nur Richtlinien. Die
Glaubwürdigkeit ist dem Leser überlassen, aber das ist nicht der Kern der Schaffung
dieses Forum. Beweise sind nur wichtig, wenn Sie ein Produkt verkaufen wollen aber
dann gelten andere Regeln. Aus langjähriger Erfahrung in unserer Gruppe, wissen wir
dass Wölfe nie zufrieden sind und in der Regel etwas zu verlieren haben.

SDSC wrote:You are right about the algorithms, they are very heavy. For this test version speed had no priority but it is is one of the things that need some more research. The first priority was to test if the algorithms where working and to study the results of that.

Entschuldige die obige Aussage, aber wir konnten nicht widerstehen.
Bald werden wir Ihnen eine E-Mail schicken von Leuten, die vielleicht in der Lage sind
die weitere Entwicklung von DNA zu unterstützen. Sehen Sie dies als ein unverbindliches
Angebot.

Christian und die Crew (DE)

Muis wrote:The whitepaper will be useless without proof for your claims.

Your statements about evidence are not discussed in our forums.
(http://encode.ru/forum.php etc). Developers decide what information they
share. Ultimately, the developers determine and the same applies to writing
of White Papers. A white paper is a document which dealt with specific issues,
while we are the audience. There are no rules, only guidelines. The credibility
is left to the reader, but this is not the perpose of this forum. Evidence is only
important if you want to sell a product, but then other rules apply. We know from
many years of experience in our group, that wolves are never satisfied and have
generally to lose something.

SDSC wrote:You are right about the algorithms, they are very heavy. For this test version speed had no priority but it is is one of the things that need some more research. The first priority was to test if the algorithms where working and to study the results of that.

Sorry about the above statement, but we could not resist.
Soon we will send you an E-Mail from people who may be able to
support the further development of DNA. See this as a non-binding Offer.

Christian and the Crew (DE)
Christian54

Postby SDSC » Sun 18 Dec 2011, 21:55

Multilingual Multilingual: SHOW
Original Message

@ Jan,

Hallo Jan, welkom op het forum en dank je voor de complimenten.

Jan wrote:Wat mij opvalt over de "sneak preview" van jouw applicatie; als je werkelijk elk bestand op deze manier kan coderen/decoderen heb je volgens mij het geheim van Jan Sloot opgelost (ook al is jouw oplossing niet geheel identiek aan de vinding van Jan Sloot). Wat een feit is dat jouw vinding hetzelfde doet en daar gaat het natuurlijk om. Je hebt zelfs geen kastje nodig zoals Jan Sloot wel had, als ik het goed heb is dit uitsluitend op basis van software.

Ik vindt het een hele eer dat je denkt dat ik het geheim van Jan Sloot zou hebben opgelost. DNA vertoont veel raakvlakken met het SDCS van Jan Sloot en ook in de test resultaten komen deze weer terug maar ik durf toch echt niet te beweren dat het geheim is opgelost, hier is toch iets meer voor nodig.

Jan wrote:Als mijn conclusies terecht zijn begrijp ik niet helemaal waarom je hier een forum opent omtrent dit item. Zijn er nog beperkingen en/of zaken die nog niet optimaal werken o.i.d. bij DNA?

DNA in zijn huidige vorm is is een test applicatie en is nog niet praktisch inzetbaar, daarvoor zal er toch nog wat meer uitgewerkt en onderzoek gedaan moeten worden.

Jan wrote:Ik ben erg benieuwd wat jou drijft achter dit forum.

Dit kun je terug vinden in de inleiding maar toch nog even een citaat daaruit;

"DNA te presenteren en het beschikbaar stellen van een forum dat eventueel kan leiden tot een verdere ontwikkeling van DNA en misschien tot de oplossing van het raadsel rond het SDCS van Jan Sloot."

Groetjes, SDSC

@ Christian

Hallo Christian and crew,

Christian54 wrote:Entschuldige die obige Aussage, aber wir konnten nicht widerstehen.

Accepted ;)

Christian54 wrote:Bald werden wir Ihnen eine E-Mail schicken von Leuten, die vielleicht in der Lage sind
die weitere Entwicklung von DNA zu unterstützen. Sehen Sie dies als ein unverbindliches
Angebot.

Looking forward to your E-mail.

Grüß SDSC

@ Jan,

Hello Jan, welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliments.

Jan wrote:What strikes me about the "sneak preview" of your application; If you really can encode/decode any file on this way, you have according to me solved the secret of Jan Sloot (even if your solution is not completely identical to the invention of Jan Sloot). Your invention is doing the same, and that is of course what it is all about. You do not even need a box like Jan Sloot did and If i'm right, this is pure based on software.

It is a great honour that you think that i solved the secret of Jan Sloot. DNA has a lot in common with the SDCS of Jan Sloot and also the test results showed similarities, but I really dare not say that the secret is solved. For this, it needs something more.

Jan wrote:If my conclusions are right, I don't quite understand why you open here a forum about this item. Are there any restrictions and/or issues that do not work optimal or something like that yet?

DNA in its current form is a test application and is not practical deployable yet, there is still more to explore and more research should be done.

Jan wrote:I'm very curious what your motive is behind this forum.

You can find it back in the introduction, but here's a quote;

"The goal is to create an interaction with interested parties what could possibly lead to a further development of DNA and perhaps to the solution around the mystery of Jan Sloot."

Regards, SDSC

@ Christian

Hello Christian and crew,

Christian54 wrote:Sorry about the above statement, but we could not resist.

Accepted ;)

Christian54 wrote:Soon we will send you an E-Mail from people who may be able to
support the further development of DNA. See this as a non-binding Offer.

Looking forward to your E-mail.

Regards, SDSC
The best way to slow down your compateters is to give them your source code!
SDSC

Postby Jan » Mon 19 Dec 2011, 22:24

Original Message

@SDSC

Kan je met de huidige versie al wel verschillende bestandsformaten coderen/decoderen ongeacht de grootte? De "sneak preview" wekt bij mij (persoonlijk) de indruk dat de applicatie al naar behoren werkt. Is dit correct of zijn er nog bepaalde issues waar je tegen aanloopt?

SDSC wrote:
DNA in zijn huidige vorm is is een test applicatie en is nog niet praktisch inzetbaar, daarvoor zal er toch nog wat meer uitgewerkt en onderzoek gedaan moeten worden.

Ik begrijp dat je de applicatie vanuit hobby oogpunt hebt ontwikkeld. Hoe zie jij dan het "nog wat meer uitwerken en onderzoeken"? Kan je dit zelf uitvoeren of heb je hier een andere aanpak in?

Ik ben erg benieuwd wat jouw verdere missie is, stel dat je de applicatie zover krijgt dat hij volledig functioneel is.

@SDSC

Can you already, with the current version, encode/decode file formats regardless of the size? The "sneak preview" gives me (personally) the impression that the application is already working properly. Is this correct or are there still some issues that you run up against?

SDSC wrote:
DNA in its current form is a test application and is not practical deployable yet, there is still more to explore and more research should be done.

I understand that you have developed the application from hobby point of view. How do you see "some more research and development"? Can you do this yourself or do you have a different approach here?

I am very curious what your further mission is, suppose you get so far that the application is fully functional.
Jan

Postby SDSC » Wed 21 Dec 2011, 21:51

Original Message

Hallo Jan,

Jan wrote:Kan je met de huidige versie al wel verschillende bestandsformaten coderen/decoderen ongeacht de grootte? De "sneak preview" wekt bij mij (persoonlijk) de indruk dat de applicatie al naar behoren werkt. Is dit correct of zijn er nog bepaalde issues waar je tegen aanloopt?

Alle bestandsformaten ongeacht de grootte zijn te coderen/decoderen en de applicatie werkt al naar behoren maar de testen hebben nieuwe inzichten opgeleverd die zeker nader onderzocht moeten worden. Snelheid is op dit moment nog wel een issue.

Jan wrote:Ik ben erg benieuwd wat jouw verdere missie is, stel dat je de applicatie zover krijgt dat hij volledig functioneel is.

Een hele goede vraag en om eerlijk te zijn moet ik je het antwoord hierop nog even schuldig blijven omdat ik het zelf ook nog niet weet.

Groet, SDSC

Hello Jan,

Jan wrote:Can you already, with the current version, encode/decode file formats regardless of the size? The "sneak preview" gives me (personally) the impression that the application is already working properly. Is this correct or are there still some issues that you run up against?

All file formats regardless of the size, can be endoded/decoded and the application is already working properly, but tests have yielded new insights which surely must be examined. Speed is currently still an issue.

Jan wrote:I am very curious what your further mission is, suppose you get so far that the application is fully functional.

A very good question and to be honest, you have to wait for an answer on that, because i don't know it for myself.

Regards, SDSC
SDSC

Postby Yukito » Fri 30 Dec 2011, 21:32

Dear SDSC

Interesting project found on youtube, but much here has been written in difficult
languages and the translator does not work well or not at all. Is it possible to
translate this project into the American language ?
When can we expect the White Paper ?

Yukito, Ha Tsuen (HK)
Yukito

Postby Webmaster » Sat 31 Dec 2011, 09:26

Hello Yukito

Yukito wrote:Dear SDSC
Interesting project found on youtube, but much here has been written in difficult
languages and the translator does not work well or not at all. Is it possible to
translate this project into the American language ?
When can we expect the White Paper ?

Yukito, Ha Tsuen (HK)

Because we received many complaints about the translation from Microsoft, the Forum will be
restyled in the future in the English language (including basic information and basic settings).
Therefore we already installed a language switcher in the Top_header.

The author of DNA (SDSC) has decided to spend Christmas and the days after with his family
which enjoys the highest priority. Because this project should be viewed as a hobby, the maintaince
and future developments are only done in spare time including the Wite Paper. So be patient.

Hoping for your understanding.

Best regards,

Webmaster
Webmaster
Beheerder

Postby David Hofman » Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:10

Original Message

Wow, ik heb het filmpje bekeken en als dit waar is, is DNA / SDSC de meest veelbelovende revolutie op compressiegebied sinds de vinding van Jan Sloot in de doofpot is verdwenen!

Een vraagje: kun je echt ieder bestand terugbrengen tot een DNA bestand van 256 bytes, en als je het dan decomprimeert, krijg je dan ook weer *exact* het volledige origineel terug?

Wow, I've seen the movie and if this is true, DNA / SDSC is the most promising revolution on compression area since the covered up and disappeared invention of Jan Sloot!

A question: can you really reduce any file into 256 bytes with DNA, and if you decompress it, you get also "exactly" the full original back?
David Hofman

Postby SDSC » Wed 11 Jan 2012, 22:17

Hello David,

Yes, any file can be brought back to <= 256 bytes and from that key code and a reference table, the original file can be exactly restored.

Best regards, SDSC.
SDSC

Postby David Hofman » Thu 12 Jan 2012, 00:30

That's absolutely amazing. And the reference table, is that something constant (even though it may be large, I read something about 740 MB) or do you change the reference table while compressing a file? (i.e. can the reference table possibly contain parts of the original file?)

Just to understand this absolutely right: would this mean you could send me your program + reference table (you don't actually have to, you probably don't want to spread your software just yet, but hypothetically), then I could send you a 1 MB file, you do your magic and send me a ≤ 256 byte .dna file, and with the program (+table) you sent earlier + the 256 byte .dna file I can recreate my original 1 MB file?
David Hofman

PreviousNext

Return to Forum DNA-Project (Developments) - UK/NL