General Questions (Forum Closed)

DNA is a different way to store data on a very efficient way like the
SDCS principle from Jan Sloot. Like SDCS it uses Key-codes (DNA-
codes) which are <= 256 bytes by using a Reference Table.

For an online Video Demonstration of DNA, click
In this Forum you can ask questions and follow the developments.
Forumsregeln
───────────
Use the common rules of internet (netiquette). Discussions about the existence of the DNA-algorithm or about the faking of the Video Demo has no added value to the further development of DNA. Subscribed messages that do not comply with these rules are removed without reason by the moderators. Details about this project are only released by the author and not by the Forum Manager. Starting new topics is allowed when the subject does not exist. This Forum is sharing with anti Spam facilities in the world by using API.

Re: General Questions (Guest threads Allowed)

Beitragvon SDSC » Di 29 Nov 2011, 22:55

Deutsch Deutsch: SHOW
Original Message

Hallo Dietrich,

Dank für das compliment und weitere info über DNA wird in kurze zeit folgen!

Freundlige grüß SDSC

Hello Dietrich,.

Thanks for the compliment and further info about DNA will follow soon!

Best regards, SDSC
The best way to slow down your compateters is to give them your source code!
SDSC

Beitragvon Andrew » Sa 10 Dez 2011, 09:27

Hello SDSC

Very interesting and a nice approach from "the stick of mr. Sloot".
As software engeneer in Bradford i can say that this approach is possible.

Think about the word loopable

very important hint ricardo :)

keep on hunting

Andrew
Andrew

Beitragvon SDSC » Mo 12 Dez 2011, 22:17

Hello Andrew,

Thanks, at the moment I am working on a white paper about DNA which will explain a lot more.
Hopefully it can be released within one or two weeks from now so keep tuned.

Best regards SDSC
SDSC

Beitragvon Muis » Di 13 Dez 2011, 21:13

Nederlands Nederlands: SHOW
Original Message

Aangezien de ontwikkeling van DNA nogal traag verloopt, ben ik bereid je eenmalig 5.000 euro te schenken, ter ondersteuning van het project. Er zit een kleine voorwaarde aan vast, maar die zal (gezien de huidige status van DNA) geen enkel probleem voor je vormen.

De uitdaging: Ik plaats een bestand in dit topic, jij maakt dat bestand kleiner, en plaatst het in dit topic (samen met de decompressor). Als ik met behulp van de decompressor het orginele bestand weer kan reconstrueren, krijg je 5000 euro.

Omdat DNA nog in de kinderschoenen staat maak ik het je makkelijk: je hoeft er geen 256 bytes van te maken. Als de grootte van het verkleinde bestand (+ de decompressor) ook maar 1 byte kleiner is dan het orginele bestand heb je al gewonnen.

Hopelijk neem je de uitdaging aan, want het is de ultieme manier om de werking onafhankelijk vast te laten stellen, het is niet moeilijk, en levert bovendien een leuk zakcentje op!

Since the development of DNA is quite slowly, I'm willing to give you a once-only donation of EUR 5,000 to support the project. There is one small condition attached to it, but it will present no problem for you (considering the current status of DNA).

The challenge: I put a file in this topic, you make that file smaller and put it back into this topic (together with the decompressor). If I can reconstruct the original file using the decompressor, you get EUR 5,000.

Because DNA is still in its infancy, I make it easy: you don't need to make 256 bytes of it. If the size of the shrinked file (+ the decompressor) is only 1 byte smaller than the original file, you've already won.

Hopefully you accept the challenge, because it is the ultimate way to determine independently the operation and/or functioning. It is not difficult and in addition, it will also provides a nice pocket money on it !
Muis

Beitragvon Phoenix » Mi 14 Dez 2011, 01:52

Original Message

Hallo SDSC,

Ook al staat het in de kinderschoenen...waar is 2.4beta te downloaden?, of moeten we wachten tot v3?

Hello, SDSC

Though its in infancy ... where can you download 2.4 beta?, or should we wait until v3?
Phoenix

Beitragvon SDSC » Mi 14 Dez 2011, 21:30

Original Message

@ Muis

Hallo Muis,

Leuke uitdaging maar volgens mij staan die al jaren op het internet zoals o.a. The Million Random Digit challenge. Zoals je waarschijnlijk al had verwacht (en misschien ook wel een beetje zelf had kunnen beredeneren) kan ik om diverse redenen hier niet op ingaan. Een van de belangrijkste redenen is dat ik persoonlijk vind dat je je eigen geloofwaardigheid ter discussie stelt als je op deze manier de geloofwaardigheid voor je product moet winnen, zeker als hier geldbedragen mee gemoeid zijn. Een goed wijn behoeft geen krans en daar zijn uitdagingen als deze niet voor nodig. Dat de ontwikkeling rond DNA traag verloopt ben ik met je eens maar zoals al reeds meerdere malen uitgelegd, DNA is een hobby project! Op dit moment ben ik bezig met het schrijven van een white paper over DNA welke aanzienlijk meer inzicht gaat geven. De video over DNA was een introductie en mede bedoeld om de belangstelling te peilen en dat er belangstelling is is inmiddels overduidelijk! Een andere maar niet geheel onbelangrijke reden is dat als ik op deze uitdaging in zou gaan ik uiteindelijk een programma met een deel van de algoritmes vrij zou moeten geven. Wanneer ik dat zou doen, hoe goed jou bedoelingen ook mogen zijn, heb ik er geen controle meer over en is dit een makkelijke prooi voor de geïnteresseerden in deze materie, denk hierbij aan reversed engineering. Ondanks het feit dat DNA een hobby project is zit er toch behoorlijk wat vernuft en zeker 2 unieke algoritmes in welke ik toch nog graag even voor mij zelf wil houden. Wacht even de white paper af, het zal je zeker meer opheldering geven.

Bedankt voor je uitdaging maar helaas!

@Phoenix

Hallo Phoenix,

DNA is niet te downloaden, de reden hiervoor kun je terug vinden in het bovenstaande.

Groetjes SDSC.

@ Muis

Hello Muis,

Nice challenge, but i think they exist on internet for several years like "The Million Random Digit Challenge". As you probably already had expected (and maybe you figured it out yourself), for several reasons I wave it aside. One of the main reasons I personally think is that you put your own credibility into question, winning the credibility of your product in this way, especially if amounts of money are involved. A good wine needs no bush, and challenges like this are not needed. I agree with you that the development around DNA is slow but as already explained several times, DNA is a hobby project! Right now I am writing a White Paper for DNA which will give significantly more insight. The video about DNA was an introduction and also intended to probe interest, that there is interest is more than obvious now! Another but not entirely unimportant reason is that, when I respond to this challenge that i finally give a program with a part of the algorithm away, for free. When I would do this, how good your intentions may be, I have no control over it and DNA is an easy prey for the interested parties in this matter, thinking of reversed engineering. Despite the fact that DNA is a hobby project, there is still a lot of ingenuity and certainly 2 unique algorithms in it, which I still want to keep for myself. Wait on the White Paper, it will certainly give you more explanation.

Thanks for your challenge, but alas!

@Phoenix

Hello Phoenix,

DNA is not for download, the reason can be found in the above.

Regards SDSC.
SDSC

Beitragvon Muis » Mi 14 Dez 2011, 23:17

Original Message

SDSC hat geschrieben:Een van de belangrijkste redenen is dat ik persoonlijk vind dat je je eigen geloofwaardigheid ter discussie stelt als je op deze manier de geloofwaardigheid voor je product moet winnen.

De uitdaging aangaan, en daarmee aantonen dat je uitvinding echt werkt, zal je geloofwaardigheid juist ten goede komen.

SDSC hat geschrieben:Een goed wijn behoeft geen krans en daar zijn uitdagingen als deze niet voor nodig.

Een wijn die nog nooit door iemand geproeft is behoeft zeker een krans.

SDSC hat geschrieben:Een andere maar niet geheel onbelangrijke reden is dat als ik op deze uitdaging in zou gaan ik uiteindelijk een programma met een deel van de algoritmes vrij zou moeten geven.

Beetje rare uitspraak voor iemand met deze signature: "The best way to slow down your compateters is to give them your source code! "

Als je vinding echt werkt, is het juist slim de code te publiceren. Stel dat iemand anders morgen dezelfde uitvinding doet, kun je tenminste bewijzen dat jij eerder was. Grote uitvindingen (licht, telefoon, etc.) worden meestal door meerdere mensen tegelijkertijd uitgevonden, dus haast is geboden!

Maar zelfs zonder de code/algoritmes vrij te geven, zijn er genoeg mogelijkheden aan te tonen dat werkt: we zetten bijv. twee laptops naast elkaar. Ik kies een bestand uit. Jij genereert een DNA code vanaf laptop 1, die mailen we naar laptop 2. Als jij daarna op laptop 2 weer hetzelfde bestand kan reconstrueren, krijg je alsnog die 5000 euro, deal?

SDSC hat geschrieben:Ondanks het feit dat DNA een hobby project is zit er toch behoorlijk wat vernuft en zeker 2 unieke algoritmes in welke ik toch nog graag even voor mij zelf wil houden.

Als je denkt er meer geld aan te kunnen verdienen door niets te bewijzen en alles geheim te houden, zit je er echt naast. Bovendien is het dan ook geen hobby meer, die draaien nooit om geld.

SDSC hat geschrieben:Wacht even de white paper af, het zal je zeker meer opheldering geven.

Ben benieuwd! Hopelijk wat minder marketing, en meer bewijs.

SDSC hat geschrieben:One of the main reasons I personally think is that you put your own credibility into question, winning the credibility of your product in this way.

Accept the challenge, and to demonstrate that your invention really works what will actually benefit your credibility .

SDSC hat geschrieben:A good wine needs no bush, and challenges like this are not needed.

A wine that has never been tasted by someone definitely needs a bush.

SDSC hat geschrieben:Another but not entirely unimportant reason is that, when I respond to this challenge that i finally give a program with a part of the algorithm away, for free.

Little strange phrase for someone with this signature: "The best way to slow down your compateters is to give them your source code! "

If your invention really works, it's just smart to publish the code. Suppose that tomorrow someone else does the same invention, you can at least prove that you was earlier. Great inventions (light, telephone, etc.) are usually invented by several people at the same time, so hurry is requested!

But even without the code/algorithms, there are plenty of opportunities to show that it works: for example, we put two laptops side by side. I choose a file. You generate a DNA code from a laptop 1, which we mail to laptop 2. If you can reconstruct the same file on laptop 2 again, you still get that EUR 5,000, deal?

SDSC hat geschrieben:Despite the fact that DNA is a hobby project, there is still a lot of ingenuity and certainly 2 unique algorithms in it, which I still want to keep for myself.

If you think to earn more money by proving nothing and to keep everything secret, you're really wrong. Besides, it is then no hobby anymore, they never running for money.

SDSC hat geschrieben:Wait on the White Paper, it will certainly give you more explanation.

I'm curious! Hopefully less marketing and more evidence.
Muis

Beitragvon Christian54 » Fr 16 Dez 2011, 14:36

Deutsch Deutsch: SHOW
Original Message

Wir haben Ihre Demo betrachtet und das Verfahren mehrmals gut bestudiert.
Die Geschwindigkeit der Codierung und Decodierung zeigen die Einsatz eines schweren
Algorithmus an. Hat die neue Version eine bessere Performance ?

SDSC hat geschrieben:Hallo Andrew,

Danke, im Moment arbeite ich an ein Whitepaper über DNA die viel mehr erklären.
Hoffentlich es freigegeben werden kann, in einer oder zwei Wochen ab jetzt halten Sie also dran.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen SDSC

Ein Weißbuch wäre gut, da die Wirkung von DNA anscheinend nicht für jeder klar ist. Unter uns bestehen bereits mehrere Meinungen.
Hier sind keine Jäger also nehmen Sie sich die Zeit und für die hungrige Wölfe gehen Sie nicht zu weit ins Detail. Wir erhöhen den Einsatz met 1 Euro.